Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ah spring

"Hey asshole — get a car!"

Now that the weather's nice, more windows are rolled down. The witticism came as I pedaled past a passenger in a vehicle turning left from Tody Goodwin Road onto Beaver Creek Road to go even more deeply into the comparative nothingness of southeastern Chatham County. Except to emphasize that the bon mots emanated from the passenger, who may have been letting someone else drive, draw your own conclusions.

Greetings aside what a day to ride, even in Chatham County. I got in about 70 miles. The distance kept me on track for two goals: at least one 100k ride per month and a monthly tally of 416.7 miles, to put me on pace for 5,000 miles for the year. Though I made it for March, I'm still 205 miles behind for the year. Rationalization: summer months are better for piling up miles than winter months.

I expect my fan reached his destination hoarse as assholes were everywhere. The weather is cyclingtacular. And I own three cars.

No comments: