Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Found

I went through one of my daily rituals a little while ago and was pleased when the result came out differently. I've googled cycledork every day since Nov. 16 when the first post went up. Not only is cycledork there today, it sits at the top of the list. While I concede that it's a short list, I've worked relentlessly to claw my way on to it, much less to the top of it. For the first month or so all I got were pages that had nothing to do with me. My entries at the Cycling Plus magazine forums started showing up at about the same time that I could find cycledork by doing a blog search. Recently, similar postings to Bicycling magazine's online community began appearing. But not until today did cycledork show up, free and proud, through a straight Google search. For today at least, being alive in the ether is almost as good as being on the road.

No comments: