Saturday, January 20, 2007

Branded

That's right. I bear the mark of Pearl Izumi. More the shape of an ibex horn than a scarlet letter, I arrived home so marked at the right junction of butt and hamstring after my ride today. The culprit: Pearl Izumi tights. More specifically, the seam of the chamois in the tights. Cycledork is similarly afflicted by PI shorts (both cheeks; branding had receded). So here goes a brief tights review. To begin with, the PIs fit me like a pair of low riders my daughter would have worn in eighth grade. Though warm, they fit the way they want to fit. The Louis Garneaus, though not fleece lined, fit more normally. I also have a pair of Cannondale chamoisless tights that fit normally and some fleecy generic leg warmers. Pearl Izumi shorts and tights that scar me, PI jersey with sleeves that ride around, water-resistant shoe covers that actively attract water. Perhaps I detect a pattern. Or maybe I'm the exception and PIs reputation is warranted.

No comments: