Sunday, April 27, 2008

Training crisis averted


As I breezed along Old Apex Road just north of High House Road this morning, the zip ties on my cadence counter failed and the cadence counter dropped into the road. Within 10 seconds I was off my bike and moving back toward the flat, half-dollar sized device. I needed four cars to pass before I could retrieve it. Three cars went beside or over the counter. The fourth car, with me about 15 feet away, crunched it. Shades of the Garmin 301. I affectionately picked up the pieces, completed my ride and went immediately to Performance. Not only did they have a counter, it was on sale. Not having the counter would put a major crimp in my workouts, as I use it to determine speed and distance on the trainer. I also use it as a reminder for what gear I'm in on the road.

No comments: