Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gearing up


I picked up and installed aero bars, Profile Design Airstrykes, today. The installation was cool because I got to use my torque wrench and buy some hex drivers for it. I also tweaked my seat height and position. The good news so far is that my hands don't fall asleep the way they do when I'm in the drops for prolonged periods. Nevertheless, using the bars will take some getting used to. Based on my trainer ride, I'm going to be slower before I'm faster. I also really notice when I'm not keeping my knees aligned. I also have no idea about my posture. For all I know I still look like Quasimodo. Anyway, it's pretty official now: I've spent too much money preparing to time trial not to do so. If I get anything else, it'll be shoe covers and perhaps a spare razor to shave my legs. The goal is still to not finish last in my age group. We'll see what happens. The next event is April 30.

No comments: