Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Your mouse click here

Few people are more suspicious, and more suspicious of internet chain letters, than I am. Thus it is with some sheepishness that I present this link. Essentially, it asks that readers add their names to a petition to Google to add a "Bike There" feature to Google Maps, similar to that application's "Drive There" and "Take Public Transit" features. A modest request given the company's resources and the features already available. Maybe I let my guard down too easily but I was signer No. 30210.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for signing!

I chose that website to host the petition because I've signed various petitions there, before, and I never got slammed from there - that I know of.

:)

Randy said...

That's an awesome idea. Going to link in my blog as well.

On a somewhat related topic, my company's new HQ just opened and I'm pumped because it's 20 miles from my house (or so). It's a bit much to ride in the morning but I talked to the transit guy and I can take the bus from downtown Minneapolis, throw the bike on the rack and ride home. I just have to flag down the bus driver when I do it because it's a commuter bus (from the burb where our office is) to Minneapolis. I'll likely be the only rider on the return to the burb. Now if spring would finally get to Minnesota, it'll be a pleasant ride instead of a cold, windy, crappy one.