Friday, December 8, 2006

Road toasty but seeking more sensation

The temperature won't make it over 35 today. But with bright sun and good layers I managed to break a sweat during a short ride. To keep the heat in on top I donned a Headsweats chili peppers skullcap under my helmet. For thoracic comfort I wore a Patagonia wicking t-shirt, Canari Paceline long-sleeve jersey and the Ibex pullover. The breeze cut right through but was only nippy for the first couple of miles. Below I had on old Canari shorts under Cannondale padless fleecy tights. The only surprise was the full-fingered Primalwear gloves. My hands were fine but my fingers, even fully covered, were mofo cold. And as useless as the Pearl Izumi covers are in the wet they did a good job of keeping the cold off my feet. Even though the cleats obviously aren't affected, wearing shoe covers, wet or dry, regardless of brand, is like having foot condoms on. Yeah, I can still pedal, but I wish I could feel more. But stay tuned. There is discussion here at cycledork central that a secret weapon, perhaps arriving at Christmas, could have my feet bareback again, so to speak.

No comments: