Saturday, December 9, 2006

CD's Saturday cycling tip: float away

There's a reason why every cycling-information source browbeats us about staying hydrated. If you don't you'll, at the very least, feel crappy on and off the bike. My own cautionary tale: I took the week off and rode the 2100 a grand total of once. I was out of town for a couple of days. Most of the rest of the time I just slept late, had a headache, read baseball blogs (here's a favorite) and lifted weights. I was eating the way I usually do — coffee and fruit for breakfast; peanut butter and fruit for lunch; nuts, dried fruit, cheese and crackers to snack on; and whatever was for dinner, typically with a beer or two. So what was missing? Water. Lots of water. I've always got a pint of water going at my desk at work but I've kept cycledork central unusually arid. Jacking up my fluid intake over the last 36 hours has done wonders for my headache and my mood. See you on the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your baseball link didn't work for me.
MCD

cycledork said...

My bad. Link fixed.