Thursday, November 16, 2006

Celebrating six months and nothing to be alarmed about

As of yesterday I've been a bicycle commuter for six months. Between getting to work and riding for fun the pedalling has gotten me about 2,200 miles, night and day, rain and shine. The round-trip commute is typically only about 7 miles from my home in a suburb outside Raleigh to the small business where I work. I celebrated today by cycling to the office in the rain. Despite my best efforts, however, I was unable to keep my feet dry. The good news is that when my socks caught fire in the microwave I was able to get them quickly to a sink and destroy the other evidence shortly thereafter. I'm telling my co-workers that funky smell is burnt s'mores.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure your excuses worked - as I remember, mysterious burning smells were an unfortunately regular part of the work environment at said small company.