Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dorkariffic

This probably won't be the last post with this title but it certainly deserves to be the first. I may not be posting as often as I should but I tirelessly search for worthy material. An enormous shitlode was waiting for me at rec.bicycles.tech: online power calculators! Rapturous transports!

Use the following sites in good health: Bicycle Speed and Power Calculator, QCW Velocity Predictor, Analytic Cycling, Sport and Performance and White Mountain Wheels.

Calculators like these beg to be played with. We'll be learning about these number grinders together. If any of them turn out to suck, tell me. Likewise cycledorks want to know if any of them reveal that you're the second coming of Jacques Anquetil. At least then I'll know not to make any additional friendly wagers on The Electra Challenge.

No comments: