Saturday, June 2, 2007

C'dork helping dorks

I was reading through one of my listservs this afternoon when I saw an e-mail from an unfortunate who wants to ride his mountain bike across the United States. Even though I have a fairly concrete plan for a cross-country ride, the thought of doing it on a mountain bike makes me want to take a nap. Anyway, another reader suggested the site warmshowers.org for our plucky mountain biker. My thought when I saw the URL was the same as yours but it wasn't what I thought or feared. There's no euphemism for a particular kink involved but more a direct question: if you wanted to ride your bike across the country and wanted a hot shower along the way, would you be willing to offer the same? After a brief talk with the scientist I decided yes. We'll see if anyone ever gets in touch with us.

No comments: