Friday, March 9, 2007

C'dork's Friday ride guide: nine miles for any time

I may go on this ride tomorrow. Or I may not. It's tremendous virtues include that it is short and goes through scenic, rolling country, including some of the N.C. State vet school farms, a state park and a forest managed by the N.C. State forestry school. Not so virtuous, perhaps, is the subdivision of big-ass honkin' houses that's gone in between the forest and the state park. But the silver lining in that, from my selfish perspective, is about a mile and a half of beautifully paved road between the park and Edwards Mill Road that makes this ride possible on a road bike. Particularly as the days get longer this route will make a terrific after-work sprint, at least by my leaden, old-man standards. My goal for this ride is 30 minutes or less, with an emphasis on less.

No comments: