Friday, February 9, 2007

C'dork's Friday ride guide: the ride not taken

February is going to hell in a handbasket. The last few weekends, going back into January, I've felt too crappy to ride. Tomorrow the scientist and I have college stuff to do for and with our daughter, followed by the state high school wrestling championship match. None of the three of us are competing but we know several people who are. Sunday the scientist and I are booked wall to wall. Our dumb. Of course, as I type this, I'm feeling fine even though my diet has sucked lately: too heavy on simple carbs and fat, not enough protein or complex carbs. Jesus, do I need some fish, brown rice and oranges. I also need to start lifting again. Anyway, there will be two more February weekends after this one but it's going to take some serious cranking to get any meaningful miles in for the month. That would make all the difference.

No comments: